Protective Behaviours Early Childhood Program
to help educators foster personal safety skills in young children. The program is
mapped to the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standard.
Protective Behaviours is based on two core themes:
- We all have the right to feel safe at all times.
- We can talk with someone about anything, no matter what it is.
The booklet includes five mat sessions to introduce the following Protective Behaviours
concepts to children:
1. Theme 1 and Feelings
2. Warning Signs and Emotional Regulation
3. Theme 2, Networks and Persistence
4. Body Safety
5. Personal Space and Consent
Each session includes educator guidance notes, learning intentions, suggested parent
communication, recommended teaching resources, and step-by-step learning
Recommended for children aged three to five.